Here are the visuals and the words to illustrate that
1. Exponential growth is unnatural and unsustainable.
2. The growth of the money supply is exponential:
- — the growth of credit in the money supply is exponential
- — the exponential growth of credit is caused by compounding interest on interest
- — the growth of interest-free cash in the money supply is minute
- — there is always enough Government funding for war, but never for the environment.
3. The growth of greenhouse gas emissions is exponential.
4. Changing the Cash : Credit Ratio in the money supply through ‘green credit’ is the most effective mechanism to stop current economic trends:
- — Business As Usual (BAU) means continuing to fuel the money supply with credit
- — Policy commitment to ameliorating climate change means changing the cash : credit ratio to change the ‘economic climate’
5. Fuelling the money supply with ‘green credit’ means Government funding for
- — making buildings energy-efficient
- — creating carbon-neutral transport systems
- — developing carbon-neutral energy supplies.