What could DEFRA fund with ‘green credit’?
Let me count the projects:
- making public buildings energy efficient
- ensure minimal lighting at night
- ensure all lights switch off at the right time
- sensors in toilets to switch lights off when they’re empty
- thermostats to prevent overheating / undercooling
- making public transport carbon neutral
- supporting all small / medium enterprises who have environmental solutions to offer for air, land and sea transport
- supporting renewable energy developers and suppliers
- reducing waste in conventional energy transportation
- supporting environmental fairs and competitions of local councils
- encouraging childrens competitions for setting models and developing ‘climate heroes’
- encouraging local and regional autonomy.