As an application of my innovative forecasting method, the Sustainable Investment Network will be people and software that I dreamt up long ago with our then Chairman of the Forum for Stable Currencies Donald Martin.
We thought that the most empowering thing we could do would be to make people financially independent a la Robin Hood: making money by trading the stock market but, thanks to my completely unconventional approach, in such a superior way, that we can create a way of ‘multiplying’ small investments into major regular payments .
Since then, I’ve developed not only more demonstration software but also extensive tests and even profitable virtual trades. I’ve also met more ‘likeminded’ software developers. And I feel ’embedded’ in a YuNuSphere of net-workers who are all doing their very best to leave the world in a better state.
The People for the ‘Sustainable Investment Network’:
- the Social Business
- social business angels who underwrite the cost of programming
- software developers who turn my prototype software and system designs into a newly integrated web application
- ethical traders as ‘strategic co-developers’ with whom we can design the user interface and user requirements and who will be end users
- ethical stock marketeers for we might as well turn Dr. Yunus’ idea for a ‘social business market exchange’ into action
- the Web as a market place
- on-line clients who save and invest and earmark what kind of returns they may want and by when
- saving regularly – getting ROIs regularly or supporting social businesses or charities
- investing in one-off deals – getting paid back with simple interest.
The Software as the basis for an ‘ethical trading system’:
- Visual Data Intelligence is the prototype that demonstrates the forecasting method
- http://www.3dmetrics.net is the first web application that downloaded market data from Yahoo and produced daily and weekly forecasts for customisable portfolios – currently under reconstruction
- Many Excel books were used to measure the accuracy of the forecasts in terms of ‘numerical accuracy’ as well as ‘correctness of trend direction’.
Validation / Credentials / Trust Criteria:
- the senior developer of a major hedge fund company got so excited about the forecasting demo that I gave him my Visual Basic source code. He rewrote it in C# and SQL, just focussing on the extrapolation algorithm.
- I introduced him to a professor at the Mathematics, Computing and Communication Technology department of the London Metropolitan University and he assured him that my approach is unique
- with this professor we got funding from the London Development Agency to develop a ‘multi-purpose station’ as a concrete application, since my generic algorithms are too abstract for too many people
- he does not have any spare time any more and returned the code
- the ‘forecasting engine’ which has many new ‘tweak parameters’ now is with a developer who would like to get back to paid work as a ‘woman returner’
- he said that his employers would want to see that the system could make ‘trading decisions’
- whilst testing the quality of forecasts, I developed 17 ‘trading measures’ as the basis for making buy, hold or sell decisions
- one would-be manager of my company who gave me a UK portfolio for ‘virtual trading’ disappeared after ‘appalling behaviour’ as he called it; his argument was we need to produce ‘proof by profit’
- he said that he had traded profitably but I never saw the evidence.
Given the framework that Creating a World without Poverty by Dr. Muhammad Yunus gives us, I trust that the time has come for the code and the network of users to become reality sooner rather than later.
Operation ‘Robin Hood’ is the name of the net-working game: outsmarting the people in institutions with the cleverness of software and the fundamental likemindedness of ‘we the people’.